Brazil Bound

Brazil Bound
December 2013-June 2015
Sao Paulo West Mission

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April 15, 2014, week #17

Boa Tarde everyone!

Sorry I did not write yesterday. Because we have the temple in our area we get to go about every month and when we do that our schedule is all jacked up. But I am glad you are back from spring break safe and sound.

I am one happy girl because we are so busy! If all goes as planned (I am praying like crazy and you guys are welcome to do the same) we should have 4 baptisms this week! Just in time for Easter! This weekend should be pretty special.
Terezinha is the woman who decided to wait for her May birthday to get baptized but that would mean us waiting another month and into the next transfer. So we explained transfers and told her about how special recieving the Holy Ghost on easter could be and she agreed. I love her because she is always always happy. She actually reminds me a little of Aunt Julie because she always is smiling.  Also she has two  louca but well meaning daughters and a son who will probably follow suit after they witness the mom getting baptized.

Jefferson and Adrian are two studly 14 year olds who learned about the church from their friend, our recent convert Danilo. I swear, he is a better missionary than some guys wearing suits and ties in this world. Everyday he introduces us to a new friend and they ALL want to hear more. He reminded me of JD ever since I met him and at first I could not put my finger on the reason why but now I know that he just does his thing confidently and others want to follow his lead. These kind of people have the power to influence people and the responsibility to be an influence for good. **So shout out to my cute brother: do good things. Your friends and classmates will follow you whether you like it or not.
But these cute boys are reading and praying and it is just wonderful. And their moms gave their written consent so all systems are a go! yay!

And Anderson! The son of our recent convert Joana. After she got baptized I played mom and helped her get ready. I asked how she felt and she said, so clean and so happy and that she wanted her son to feel the same way. I promised I would do all I could to help him and so this Saturday he too will be baptized!! yay. He does tattoos for a job and we were a little worried about this but as luck would have it, my district leader has tattoos too because during his teenage years he went a little cray cray. So they had a bonding moment as Elder Merchado talked about how while he would like to get more he knows better now and Anderson promised to find a new job. I am starting to truly believe that each and every one of us are in our areas because we have certain life experience that can bless the lives of the individuals we meet. It is so complicated but really cool.

Other funny story, yesterday we had a churrascaria with our zone. I have lots of pictures that I will send next week because they do a better job explaining than I could but it was oh so ghetto and hilarious. They made a fire in the back of our stake center. Or I guess they attempted unsuccessfully and so my gruff and tuff Amazonian companion had to show them how it is done. As soon as I smelled the fire I could not help but think that we needed smores so we ran to the nearest store and found the equivalent grahm crackers and marshmallows and I taught all the Brazilians our favorite summer treat. It was such a successful party!

I hope all of you have a wonderful, Christ-filled, Easter. And eat lots of cadburry chocolate and creamed eggs. And enjoy the tulips and flowers. The weather is starting to get cooler here and this is such a blessing.

I love you all and feel oh so blessed to have each of you in my life!
Sister laurr

No comments:

Post a Comment