Brazil Bound

Brazil Bound
December 2013-June 2015
Sao Paulo West Mission

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

MY FIRST MISSIONARY LETTER!!!

Hi forward this to the family.

I have like 10 minutes. But I got to the CTM safe and sound. Of course, Paulinho was waiting with a guarana and pao de quejos. He's the best. Being here is slightly exciting, slightly terrifying. But I am actually way more prepared than I thought, language wise and at least for now I seem to be ahead of the game. I know it is not a competition and I know it won't last but I understand a lot so that is good. People keep asking me where I learned Portuguese and how long I have been here.

But I love you guys a lot. This is probably going to be one of the more difficult experiences. As expected it is sort of lock down around here. Lots and lots of rules. Such as cameras are NOT allowed except on P days in the building so don't expect any neat pictures for a while. (sorry mom)

I will write more next time.

Lauren


Oh and my P days are on Wednesday. And my campanion is from London and she seems pretty great! We are the only two in our room so that's good. The dude acclamating us to the MTC seemed incredibly intimidating at first. He first told me I would be going by Sister Neeleman and then he informed me that his wife packed less than I did when moving to Brazil so I felt like a total Barbie. But by the middle of the day I realized he is rude and sarcastic so he made a little more sense.

Until next week, Tchau

No comments:

Post a Comment