Brazil Bound

Brazil Bound
December 2013-June 2015
Sao Paulo West Mission

Monday, September 29, 2014

September 29, 2014- I HATE Transfers!

Hello Family!

Well guess what? I think President has a sense of humor, orr just likes to have us do a lot of really hard things. Because.... I. Got. Transfered. Again. Yeah, I am trying to look on the brightside but it is a little tough this time. Wanna know why? Because finally, after 9 long and pretty tough weeks we were starting to have a lot of success. Since we oppened the area, we had to start from literally zero. We found lots of people but learned quick that most of them were not actually interested. And we had to go the through the painstaking process of finding, teaching, dropping over and over. But FINALLY, things were looking up and we were having a lot of miracles. And just like that, I get the terrible call. But we´ll just forget for a minute that Educandario is not actually mine anymore as I take a moment to tell you about our many miracles this week....

First, Davi and Isabel. Soo Davi actually spent the week fishing with a big group of friends but in preparation for the trip we dropped off a little gift last week: The book of Mormon. And he took it with him! and even managed to read a few pages! And thought about our message lots during his absence.
Meanwhile, we stayed nice and close to Bel, visiting here with members practially every day just to read the scriptures and bear our testimonies. Basically getting her nice and strong for the next steps. Oh made sure to slip in an invite for church at every available moment. She said she would try, which usually means no, but we prayed hard for a miralce anyway. And guess who showed up? Guessed it, Isabel holding tightly her Book of Mormon and everything! I was so thrilled! Seriously grinning from ear to ear. She loved church. Actually adored it, commenting in Sunday school and everything. And it happened to be the primary program and she was especially behaved with the young kids singing and giving talks. 
And the members were great! One talked to her for a while and invited her to general conference next week. She said ``don´t worry... I am sure this girl won´t let me forget. She is incredible persistent.´´ (pointing at me) But then she added... ``but certainly she was sent to us for a reason. We are needing and grateful for the help.´´ She also invited us to teach to of her daughters and their young families because he regretted not raising them in the church in the first place. 

And yesterday, Davi returned, and we had a really special lesson about baptism and they even committed to baptism!! Ahh I was so excited! 

Also, we contined to teach, and mark for baptism, a young kid named Vinicios. He is doing his part, reading the scriptures and praying, and he even went to church this week and liked it a lot!

Also, the two part member families that we are working hard with, Lourdes and Edson are so so wonderful!! They actually went to a couples church party this week and sang their lungs out in Kareoke! And Edson and his wife won a prize! The two families came to church Sunday and just glowed as their children participated in the progam! Jasmine cant wait to be baptized and Edson is even more excited to baptize his daughter. 

Rose´s two little kids came to church alone this week! And the little 7-year old, Ygor is almost done with the illustrated Book of Mormon I bought him. He is darling and it is a shame that his mom was not baptized, but maybe the testimonies of her little ones with strengthen her with time. 

We also had some other great lessons with people that showed a lottt of potential. Seriously, I felt like I was walking on a cloud at times. So I cant help but wonder, why now? I just really hate changes. Every time. And every transfer has been decently tough because I feel grow so close to these people. And every time I leave a piece of myself in the area. Soon I wont have any more of my heart to give! Maybe for this reason this mission thing only lasts 18 months. 

Well, wish me luck in Cotia with my newbie. 

Sister Lauren

___________
dear ones here at home we are very happy to be in our Stake Lauren. from our house to the new area of ​​lauren have 30 minutes. in our ward conference I spoke with the President of Lauren and asked him who the President is Sister Lauren will not make my mission in Ala or stake? he answered ask the Lord, let us see if it meets your request. How nice he answered our requests now lauren is 30 minutes from my house. rest assured that she will always take care of her for you. we care for her like she was our daughter. I just arrived from Rio de Janeiro travel with gary and the rose, they are fine and are already resting in the hotel. I now called the night to lauren and rose km spoke little to her, both were happy. you come get lauren in Brazil? we are preparing to have you guys here in Brazil.
 Regards.


Paulo 

No comments:

Post a Comment