Brazil Bound

Brazil Bound
December 2013-June 2015
Sao Paulo West Mission

Monday, August 4, 2014

August 4, 2014- Mappin it!

Hi family!

I am alive and well. This week this statement has a lot more significance than most because we spent a good majority of our first few days here totalllyyy lost. You see.. here is the issue... Remember how I needed a GPS to successfully arrive at high school my first day.... yeah some things never change. My companion is brand new (in Brazil at least) and still struggling sufficiently with Portuguese. And actually, she could be worse at map reading than me.
Just imagine it: two American girls relying desperately on a map and absolutely butchering all the street names (fun fact: every street has at minimum 3 names) when we finally asked for directions. Yeah comic relief for sure. The highlight, or low light depending on how you look at it, was when we got on the wrong bus one night and ended up in a city about an hour away from our house. Ouch.

Which leads to an important spiritual realization I had this week: There is nothing better than finally making it home. After days of wandering in strange paths, lost and confused, when we finally arrived safe and sound we felt an indescribable peace. I felt so proud of our accomplishment. And guess what? I am offering that same peace, but on a much deaper level, to so many here!  Finding the right path is miraculous!

This work is pretty great.

Also, because people have never seen or heard from missionaries, they are by and large accepting us with open arms. On Saturday and Sunday we managed to mark an appointment every half hour for the entire day! And this week we managed to find 25 new investigators! It is a crazy and super busy time but I would not want to be any where else.

And finally, I just want to give a shout out to you, my incredible family. Paulinho dropped off an ENORMOUS suitcase filled with all my favorites. New skirts... and it is a good thing too. I was starting to feel like a one skirt sarah. jk  And just lots of other things that heaven knows I probably did not need but I am not complaining!

And congrats dad! Big week for HealthEquity and I am so proud of you!

And Seth! Welcome to the club! You will love it!

Com Amor,

Sister L.

p.s.
Mom, Thank you so so so much for all of the things you sent me. Seriously I you absolutely exceeded my expectations! The clothes are absolutely perfect. The purple package was incredible! I loved the skirt so much I wore it two times this week! But I can do that because it is reversable!! Such an incredible idea.










cecilia. Gabriela´s mom







No comments:

Post a Comment