Brazil Bound

Brazil Bound
December 2013-June 2015
Sao Paulo West Mission

Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13, 2014- 10 months out!-Mission: A microcosom for life

Hi family!

I hope the week was wonderful for you! This week made for lots of reflections and goals for the future. 

A highlight was Jasmin´s baptism!!!! The little 9-year old that is part of the less active family we were visiting. President was nice enough to give us permission to visit Educandario and it was such a wonderful day! Thanks to mom, I had a cute little present to give her and she absolutely loved it! And she was just glowing. She and her family actually! Edson, her dad, baptize her!!! and gave a wonderful talk about baptism and the gift of the holy ghost. He thanked her for reminding him of his own baptism and the convenants he made there. Then her mom gave a wonderful, heartfelt prayer and thanked God for sending the missionaries to bless her family and remind them of the important things. After we laughed and hugged and they were sooooo happy that I visited. They told me that they were dying to see me and planning to visit my ward here in Cotia! They also told me that they keep the picture of our family in their living room!! (thanks mom again mom) Oh it is so good to know that I was able to get to know and help this wondeful family in such a profound way!

Also, on a more sad note, we had to drop one of our strongest investigators Deusa, yesterday. She simply does not want to change or make covenants and so as hard as it is to say good bye, we can´t waste the Lord´s time when there are so many people out there ready and waiting. But it was a powerful lesson- so powerful that she began to cry- we expressed out love, and more importantly the Lord´s love for her and told her that we would be ready and waiting to help her at any moment. It was sad... yes... But I realized at this moment that I am becoming a seasoned missionary. This that used to be impossibly hard are doable as I put my trust in the Lord and His timming. 
My companion is new to this whole rough moments thing still so I talked her through it and expressed my faith and trust in the Lord and his ability to touch hearts in a way that we simply can´t. I made her snickerdoodles, we relaxed our aching feet in steaming water and put on face masks. I got her to laugh by telling her that never again will she be super sad about a relationship gone bad. She will simply say ``it´s all good. You have my number, call if you change your mind. In the meantime I will be finding eleitos.´´ 

But I am grateful in the life experience I am getting here. I am grateful that God uses us to bless the lives of His children. I am grateful for the profound love we can feel for people we barely know as we labor to help them. And I am grateful and that even when people don´t accept our message, he shows his love and appreciation for our work through the spirit. 

Ohhh and I think we will be able to mark Edilson and Angela for baptism and casamento!! Please pray for them to have courage to take this important step in their lives, but I think after lots of exposure to the gospel and dozens of missionaries, they are finally ready!

Love you!


Sister Lauren
I HATE Good byes- Sister Wood





                                          look who... SISTER VALENTE!! she is a total babe! all ready to go home!


                                                                      Paulinhos family/ Sister Santos (companion)

                                                                                             conferencia geral




                                                          we found a place that I think you will love. so very touristy


                                                              what happens when the sisters try to do my hair…

                                                           Edmilson other sisters


                                                    my favorite family in Vila Sonia!!

                           another baptism in the ward! I gave her a necklace and she loved it!




No comments:

Post a Comment