Brazil Bound

Brazil Bound
December 2013-June 2015
Sao Paulo West Mission

Monday, December 15, 2014

December 14, 2014-No Transfer for me!!!

Hi family!! 

It was definitely a week of Christmas blessings and miracles!! And I am oh so happy about it. 

First and foremost, the ward Cotia 2 just got a little bigger and a whole lot stronger :) Alexandre AND Gabrielle were baptized this weekend and it was soo beautiful! Seriously, ya should have been there!

Alexandre was baptized Saturday and both he an Joyce just glowed. They have both been waiting for this day for a very long time. (Alexandre just did not know it until recently) They both bore their testimonies after the ordinance. Joyce talked about all the lessons she learned growing up and how great it was to be back. She also talked about the future, how she can not wait to be sealed with her precious family for eternity. Alexandre told the story of the first time we met him one rainy night a few months ago. As he was about to tell us that it had been a long day and he just really did not want to talk at the moment, he saw our badges and was touched. He said that from that day, his life began to change for forever. He talked about the peace they felt in their home. He talked about his new study habits, family prayer and family scripture study. After I complimented him and he said ``I owe it all to you!! You were a great professora.´´ If that isn´t a gratifying moment, I don´t know what is! 
We got together a huge box filled with presents for the whole family: primary CD´s for Joyce, an illustrated Book of Mormon for Pietro, and new scriptures and liahonas for Alexandre. In honor of mom, I decorated the box super cute with lots of ribbon and even a little gold ornament as decoration. Chocked up, Alexandre told us that he did not know how to thank us for everything but promissed to hang the gold ball on their family tree to always remember us. 
*** Side note: I wish all of you were there, and not only for the spiritual aspect, but also because... ohh  you just had to see.. The largest  baptism jumpsuit was exactly 3 sizes to small. As he came out I tried soo hard not to laugh. Lucikly, Alexandre is really great at making fun of himself. He said ``I feel like I should be doing ballet!´´ Needless to say, this Christmas I did not miss out the Nutcracker on single bit. 

Another miracle was Gabi! She told us that for the last 7 months she has been waiting to feel ready, and all of the sudden, she felt a strange sensation in her heart and felt that she needed to be baptized immediately! Music to any misisonaries ears! We called the Elders, did an interview and filled the font in a matter of days. Ohh I was so happy. I love this girl like on of my very own sisters and wanted to do something super special. As if it were my sister being baptized again. We ran to the papelaria and bought anything and everything that looked teenage girlish. We made invitations for her friends and family and all the ward members. We made some delicous treats and decorated super cute. We also made cute notebooks filled with quotes and invited all the ward members to write their testimonies .This week we will print out photos of the baptism to put in. I just felt like we had to do our part to make sure it would be a day they would never, ever forget. 

In Gabi´s baptism, the ward young women participated a lot and I was so happy! A few gave their testimonies, the president spoke, and we all sang "walk tall your a daughter of God", in Portuguese. Oh it was wonderful!!

Oh a few other funny stories... So we had our ward Christmas Party and our two velinhos, João and Ivan came. They are so darling and practically members of the ward! They decided to participate in a ward gift/service exchange. The thing is, I don´t thing João understood compltely, because he asked if he should buy the irmã (sister) he chose a dish rag... haha we will be helping them. And during... Ivan told us that he had a joke, but it was dirty and heavy.. My companion did not catch on and said... yeah it is best if you don´t share it here... He proceeded anyway... AN ELEPHANT FELL IN THE MUD!! We laughed and laughed and he was oh so pleased! I love those to temporary grandpas!
Another day we were at lunch and an irmã began complaining that she was feeling pain in her back. She asked which one of us knew the ´´corpo humano.´´ I knew that was a recipe for disaster so I kept real quite. Once again, my companion did not quite catch on and offered to help. They went into her room and BAM, she ripped off her shirt and ordered sister granados to massage her naked body. Needless to say, she is scarred for life. 

But, yep, it was a wonderful week. Thank you for your love support, and prayers. Have a wonderful, jingle bell, fudge filled week! 


Sister Lauren
Lunch

So much rain

Churrasco

The Bishop's family


a monkey!


                                                                                                        pietro

                                                                                 the happy family!


                                                                                                      Alexandre!!

 João

                                                                                                        Ivan

Pietro at the Christmas Party

Gabi's table- You would be so proud!
we also made brigadeiros and cinnamon cake and gave her a ctr necklace, socks, a new book of mormon, bible, and liahona! in the orange box. We put this table outside of the sacrament meeting room so a lot of people ended up staying out of interest!! it was such a special day! could you see those first pictures?






                             Gabi!! and the young women! a much smaller group than in home but good girls!








p.s. well, actually they had to call us yesterday so we would have time to put our stuff together and pack our bags. So  now I know I will stay and I am soo so happy!!

p.s.s. I got the packages!!!!! thank you so so much. I absolutely loved everthing. I put the tree right up on the wall and used the dress for the baptism. I left the skirts and things with President when we were in Sao Paulo last week. My companion is so excited to open her things because I am pretty sure they will be the only presents she will be opening. It is super expensive to send things from Columbia and her family does not have much money. 


And I absolutely lovedddd the cards. And everyone else will too! I am so excited to give them out. You are the perfect mãe. Seriously. 

p.s.s.s. I saw Sister Farfal this week!! We talked and talked and it was so wonderful!! She is doing great and talked about you! Tia Christine. When I saw her her mouth dropped and she told me I had to tell her exactly what I was doing to stay in shape. So I had to demonstrate our exercise routines in the temple garden!! haha so funny!  

No comments:

Post a Comment